Re: Regression: starting X locks box with git master

From: Justin Mattock
Date: Thu May 08 2008 - 20:01:11 EST

On Thu, May 8, 2008 at 10:57 PM, James Cloos <cloos@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Git master as of 3de2403e allows me to run X again.
>
> After installing the new kernel I also re-compiled all of the X server
> stack (libdrm, libpciaccess, mesa, the X server and the video driver).
> I don't know how much of a difference that made.
>
> I don't know whether the problem was sched, x86, agp or dri related,
> but AFAICT it is now fixed.
>
> Thanks,
>
> -JimC
> --
> James Cloos <cloos@xxxxxxxxxxx> OpenPGP: 1024D/ED7DAEA6

Well; After reverting to 2.6.25-rc* then contemplating(beer) for a
while I decided to pull the latest git today, the problem now was with
atapiix, So with that in mind I decided to load 2.6.26-rc1 everything
seems to be O.K., the problem I have is: I receive a blank screen when
I load fglrx,
then startx. I think it has to do with /proc/mtrr and pat almost as if
I'm on the wrong screen. With that said I wouldn't be such a pain
about wanting fglrx, hell I don't even play video games, well a long
time ago at least(Myst, Riven, schism)or use 3D applications, but this
module was the only module that was at least working with the suspend
mechanism, This way I can test X11 and see if appletouch can survive,
scroll function on the mighty mouse can survive,and DVD playback can
survive properly after a wake-up. With that in mind has anybody gotten
suspend to work with radeonhd, or any other module for the macbook
pro. That way I can at least have that function working,and out of the
way, so I can move on to other things, besides having my eyes go
crosseyed trying to find code that isn't there.
Anyways I'll let you know if I come upon anything interesting;
regards;

--
Justin P. Mattock