Re: Reverting per-cpuset "system" (IRQ affinity) patch

From: Ingo Molnar
Date: Fri May 09 2008 - 06:23:23 EST

* Max Krasnyansky <maxk@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> > No problem, I've been meaning to redo this whole series but somehow
> > stuff got in the way and I never got around to it :-/
>
> I'm actually totally surprised that it got in. Ingo applied Peter's
> initial patch to his sched-devel tree but then ignored follow up
> patches with fixes and stuff from me (I'm assuming that was because we
> started discussion alternative options).

yes, there's been a lot of back and forth.

Paul/Peter/Max, what's the current agreed-upon approach to merge these
physical resource isolation features into cpusets intelligently while
still keeping the whole thing as usable and practical to down-to-earth
sysadmins as possible? That is the issue that is blocking this whole
topic from progressing.

> Anyway, my vote goes for reverting these series.

none of this is upstream yet (nor is any of this even near to being
ready for upstream), so there's nothing to revert.

Ingo