Re: build issue #380 for v2.6.26-rc1-279-g28a4acb : mach-voyager:multiple definition of `phys_cpu_present_map'

From: Alexey Starikovskiy
Date: Fri May 09 2008 - 11:01:27 EST

Ingo Molnar wrote:
* James Bottomley <James.Bottomley@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

/* Bitmask of CPUs present in the system - exported by i386_syms.c, used
* by scheduler but indexed physically */
-cpumask_t phys_cpu_present_map = CPU_MASK_NONE;
+static cpumask_t phys_cpu_present_map = CPU_MASK_NONE;
i've got the one below queued up but it's stalled as it could easily be wrong and there's no ack from James yet and there's been discussion back and forth. James, what do you suggest?

I already told you that this was incorrect. This is what I sent as the replacement on 28 April and I didn't hear back from you.

http://marc.info/?l=linux-kernel&m=120941111400620

ok - picked it up for testing - could you please send a signoff line as well?

Alexey, you moved those SMP variables, do you agree with the patch from James? (it looks good to me)
Yes, they look good to me as well.
Alex.