Re: HDIO_DRIVE_CMD failed on Dell Latitude D630

From: Marcelo Laia
Date: Sun May 11 2008 - 13:36:39 EST

2008/5/11 Robert Hancock <hancockr@xxxxxxx>:

> What was the actual problem you were seeing?

My system didn't shutdown my sata hd correctly and when I turn up the
system (start it) there is a fsck check. The HD isn't umounted
correctly, I suppose. So, I think that this can damage my HD.

Before that problem, when I shutdown my notebook, I could see a
message like "The system was shutdown..." in red and than the system
is power off. Now, this message isn't showed and the system was power
down suddenly.

Thank you

--
Marcelo Luiz de Laia
Jaboticabal - SP - Brazil

"Você vê as coisas como elas são e pergunta: por quê? Mas eu sonho com
coisas que nunca foram e pergunto: por que não? " - Bernard Shaw