Re: POHMELFS high performance network filesystem. Transactions, failover,performance.

From: Jeff Garzik
Date: Wed May 14 2008 - 18:06:38 EST

Jamie Lokier wrote:
With the right topology and hardware, you can get _faster_ than single
node performance with as many nodes as you like

This is the core reason why I am so interested in distributed storage... a single storage device is usually slower than network wire speed. Multiple nodes helps remove that limitation and max out the network.

I want to be able to stream data _faster_ than a single hard drive can handle :)

Jeff