Re: POHMELFS high performance network filesystem. Transactions, failover, performance.

From: Evgeniy Polyakov
Date: Wed May 14 2008 - 18:32:51 EST

On Wed, May 14, 2008 at 10:57:06PM +0100, Jamie Lokier (jamie@xxxxxxxxxxxxx) wrote:

> If desired, arrange it in a tree to reduce even the microseconds.
>
> Such network hardware is quite feasible, indeed quite easy with an
> FPGA based NIC.
>
> Enjoy the speed :-)

And if client-server link is fully saturated by messages
we do not win :) We also lose if client-server is slower than
server-server... I completely agree that there are cases where each
approach is more beneficial, and likely client-to-many os better in
terms of management and/or failover, but for speed there is always a
different side of the coin.

--
Evgeniy Polyakov