Hardware designt to prevent Damages... [WAS: [patch 23/37] i2c-piix4: Blacklist two mainboards]

From: Michelle Konzack
Date: Thu May 15 2008 - 11:57:42 EST

Hello *,

I in creation of a new Enterprise building small ARM based portable
Computers and I make heavy use of I2C and 1-Wire...

Now I have gooten the following from the LKM:

Am 2008-05-13 13:12:25, schrieb Greg KH:
> We had a report that running sensors-detect on a Sapphire AM2RD790
> motherbord killed the CPU. While the exact cause is still unknown,
> I'd rather play it safe and prevent any access to the SMBus on that
> machine by not letting the i2c-piix4 driver attach to the SMBus host
> device on that machine. Also blacklist a similar board made by DFI.
------------------------ END OF REPLIED MESSAGE ------------------------

Hell, since I do not depend on LOW-BUDGET, I have never killed a CPU
even by SICK programming even my SuperSparc CPU survived.

Please can anyone advice me, about VERY VERY good Hardware design to
prevent its destruction by software Errors?

You can even send me examples of such broken Hardware...

Oh yes, since I am using exclusivly Debian GNU/Linux none of my project
will work with a well known proprietary OS and my hardware specs will be
entirely open even if I code the stuff my own (currently).

Thanks, Greetings and nice Day
Michelle Konzack
Systemadministrator
24V Electronic Engineer
Tamay Dogan Network
Debian GNU/Linux Consultant

Michelle Konzack Apt. 917 ICQ #328449886
+49/177/9351947 50, rue de Soultz MSN LinuxMichi