Re: Non-working snd-pcsp

From: Jan Engelhardt
Date: Fri May 16 2008 - 11:18:56 EST

On Friday 2008-05-16 15:40, Takashi Iwai wrote:

>> If it does not even beep when issuing Ctrl-G on the shell,
>> you probably need to modprobe pcspkr, if it is not built-in.
>> (At least this is with kernels a little less
>> recent than 2.6.25. )
>
>If snd-pcsp module is built, input pcspkr module won't be built...

Previously, with Stas's standalone patch, one was able to switch
between (a) no speaker (b) beep/pcspkr (c) beep/pcspkr and
PCM/snd-pcsp, all by means of modprobe/rmmod.

Now, if pcspkr is deactivated when snd-pcsp is built... I would
not get any tone out of that piece of hardware.
Except if snd-pcsp itself contains beep code, and that would
be sort of redundant when it is already in pcspkr.