Re: rt61pci breaks after hibernate

From: Sitsofe Wheeler
Date: Sat May 17 2008 - 18:00:22 EST

<posted & mailed>

Rafael J. Wysocki wrote:

> On Saturday, 17 of May 2008, Sitsofe Wheeler wrote:
>> After resuming from a hibernate to disk network packets are no longer
>> sent and NetworkManager shows that there is no signal. Doing ifconfig
>> wlan1 down && ifconfig wlan1 up results in the error message
>> "SIOCSIFFLAGS: No such device" being printed.
>
> Is this a regression or did it work before?

It's not a regression. It turns out I was wrong in my other comment - this
never worked. Userspace was working around the problem by unloading the
driver before hibernation and loading it back in on resume (I switched to
module free kernel a few days ago). Building a kernel that prevents module
unloading shows similar results all the way back to 2.6.25 (although the
error switches to "SIOCSIFFLAGS: No buffer space available".

--
Sitsofe | http://sucs.org/~sits/