Re: Tracking and crediting bug reporters

From: Rene Herman
Date: Sat May 17 2008 - 19:16:33 EST

On 18-05-08 00:53, Adrian Bunk wrote:

On Fri, May 16, 2008 at 10:35:43AM -0600, Jonathan Corbet wrote:
[Operating in delayed response mode, sorry...]

Adrian Bunk <bunk@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

In which format do you want data for commits already in 2.6.26?
I hadn't thought about trying to backfill data for existing commits;
that sounds like a fair amount of work for coverage which could still be
somewhat spotty. If you have the data at hand, though, then a simple
file of the form

commit-id full-name <email>

How to indicate whether it's a Reported-by or a Bisected-by?

Literal Bisected-by might not make for a very good tag. Bisection is a way to pin down a bug; just one of them. So say person A reports and person B says "Hey, I know what that is. Try reverting foo." B then doesn't fit the tag while the only difference is that B was clever enough to not need a bisection. So if this is about giving credit; Tracked-down-by maybe? Something else?

Rene.