Re: recent 2.6.26 kernel hangs at suspend

From: Linus Torvalds
Date: Mon May 19 2008 - 11:28:12 EST

On Mon, 19 May 2008, Jeff Chua wrote:

> How can I get pass the "bad" commit. I've tried "skip" or "next", but
> still won't boot.

Try

git bisect visualize

and pick any commit that is active (avoiding the endpoints) and looks like
a good candidate to test. Then do "git reset --hard <that-commit>" and try
again..

Of course, when there are two overlapping bugs, and the other hides the
bug you are trying to chase down, there *will* be cases where bisect
simply doesn't work, if you are unlucky. Bisecting is wonderful, but it's
not going so solve world hunger, or even be able to help with _all_
problems.

Linus