Re: [2.6.27 patch] the scheduled smbfs removal

From: Steven French
Date: Mon May 19 2008 - 19:03:23 EST

FYI - last week at connectathon I added one patch relating to backlevel
support and mapping of open flags on legacy smb open calls (although
perhaps some longtime smbfs users would not notice since smbfs did not
have this support either).

The utimes support for backlevel servers is one obvious thing that I have
not added (but smbfs had some limited support for) but was considring
adding.

Steve French
Senior Software Engineer
Linux Technology Center - IBM Austin
phone: 512-838-2294
email: sfrench at-sign us dot ibm dot com