/proc/lock_stat "stuck"

From: Alan D. Brunelle
Date: Tue May 20 2008 - 14:15:20 EST

I'm attempting to use /proc/lock_stat to gather some information during
some benchmarking runs, but what I find happens is as follows:

1. I boot the system - 2.6.26-rc3 kernel + CONFIG_LOCK_STAT=y

2. I can then look at /proc/lock_stat, and it has valid-looking values

3. I wait a while, do some stuff, but when I look at /proc/lock_stat
again the values have not changed.

4. If I clear the counters - echo 0 > /proc/lock_stat - the counters
never increase, and no information besides the headers are output when I
cat /proc/lock_stat.

Is there something that one needs to do to get counter updates?

Thanks,
Alan D. Brunelle