Suggestion About Kernel Releases
From: Tarkan Erimer
Date: Wed May 21 2008 - 09:09:14 EST
After long discussions about kernel release methodology, an idea has
came to ( Any comments welcomed :-) ) my mind :
- 2 weeks of merge window for each "rc" releases should remain the same .
- When decided the 2.6.xx-rcx is ready to become 2.6.xx, it should be
2.6.xx-test1 instead of 2.6.xx
- Chris Wright (or whoever will handle these "testX" maintaining) can
maintain these "testX" releases as like 2.6.x.y maintaining.
- After releasing the "testX" releases, the new kernel release process
- When Chris decided it is stable enough, it should release as 2.6.xx
- Of course, 2.6.x.y releases follows then as usually.
Please share your opinions. Thanks :-)
To unsubscribe from this list: send the line "unsubscribe linux-kernel" in
the body of a message to majordomo@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
More majordomo info at http://vger.kernel.org/majordomo-info.html
Please read the FAQ at http://www.tux.org/lkml/