Re: [patch] kmalloc returns (void*), don't do type conversions

From: Jesper Juhl
Date: Wed May 21 2008 - 18:24:24 EST

2008/5/21 Johannes Weiner <hannes@xxxxxxxxxxxx>:
> Hi Phillip,
>
> Philipp Marek <philipp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> writes:
>
>> I tried a "make allyesconfig", but that gave some compile errors
>> that don't seem related to my changes:
>> drivers/block/cciss_scsi.c:75: error: 'MAX_CTLR' undeclared here (not in a function)
>> drivers/block/cciss_scsi.c:76: error: field name not in record or union initializer
>
> You probably should write another email regarding this.

I agree, keep things seperate. One mail with patch to fix casts,
another to report build breakage.

>> Please tell me if that's the correct approach; I'm sorry that I
>> couldn't find out who the correct maintainer for these changes is.
>
> Added the trivial tree maintainer to CC. Jesper?

Thank you, I'll keep an eye on this patch.

Philipp: Johannes makes some good points, please address his comments
and re-submit the patch with trivial@xxxxxxxxxx on Cc: if it draws no
negative comments it looks good to me to add to the trivial tree.

--
Jesper Juhl <jesper.juhl@xxxxxxxxx>