Re: fork: Resource temporarily unavailable / cant start new threads

From: Randy Dunlap
Date: Wed May 21 2008 - 20:34:48 EST

mark wrote:
On Wed, May 21, 2008 at 4:35 PM, Randy Dunlap <randy.dunlap@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
I can send you some debug patches that will print out the specific
problem area. Do you want to do that? Can you rebuild and install
a new kernel?
Is it possible to get this debug messages by turning on some flags?
If not yes, pl. send debug patches. its a live box and I will try to do it!

This is my system / kernel info:
uname -a
Linux XXX 2.6.25.3-18.fc9.x86_64 #1 SMP Tue May 13 04:54:47 EDT 2008
x86_64 x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux
I made a small patch to a vanilla kernel.org 2.6.25.3 kernel tree.
Hopefully it applies cleanly to that fc9 kernel source, but check/verify
that first before going any further.

Thanks a lot for the patch,
This is kind of weird.. but there is no file kernel/fork.c

[mark@localhost 2.6.25.3-18.fc9.i686]$ find . -iname '*fork*' -print
[mark@localhost 2.6.25.3-18.fc9.i686]$ rpm -ql
[mark@localhost 2.6.25.3-18.fc9.i686]$ rpm -ql kernel-devel | grep fork
[mark@localhost 2.6.25.3-18.fc9.i686]$ pwd
/usr/src/kernels/2.6.25.3-18.fc9.i686

That's not a kernel source tree.

I'm no expert on fc nor on src.rpm's, but I think that you need to get
the fc kernel-2.6.25.3-18.src.rpm file (or something like that).

Or use a plain vanilla kernel.org 2.6.25.3 kernel tree.

--
~Randy