Re: 2.6.24 not recognizing 2G MMC card?

From: J. Bruce Fields
Date: Thu May 22 2008 - 14:22:33 EST

On Thu, May 22, 2008 at 07:10:22PM +0100, Tom Spink wrote:
> 2008/5/22 J. Bruce Fields <bfields@xxxxxxxxxxxx>:

> >> Hi,
> >>
> >> What does: lsmod | grep ricoh, give you? Anything?
> >
> > root@pig:/home/bfields# lsmod | grep ricoh
> > ricoh_mmc 4352 0
> >
> > --b.
> >

> So does the MMC card work on other card readers, i.e. it's not
> damaged?

I use it in a Nokia 770, and it works there.

It needs an adapter for the laptop which it doesn't need for the 770;
googling around.... Something that looks like this:

http://www.globemaster.com.tw/data/rs mmc adapter.jpg

So I suppose the adapter could be broken. Seems unlikely,
though--doesn't look like it does anything more than make the card
fit physically in the slot.

> When you plug the card into the reader, can you check dmesg
> and see if there's any relevant information in there, and post it
> here?

It doesn't trigger any dmesg output at all.

--b.