Re: [alsa-devel] HG -> GIT migration

From: Rene Herman
Date: Thu May 22 2008 - 16:41:14 EST

On 22-05-08 03:24, Stephen Rothwell wrote:

Linux-next is rebuilt every day based on Linus' current kernel. I merge
all the trees I have been told about and fixup minor conflicts (sometimes
reverting commits, sometimes applying patches). So everyday, linux-next
is completely new. I do not care if the trees I am merging get rebased.

This means you're going to redo all those (same) minor conflict fixups each day again, doesn't it? Or do you pass the fixups back to (one of) the conflicting trees?

I have only had a couple of occasions when the merge conflicts were so
bad that I had to drop a whole tree, but they were fixed up the next day.

Linux-next has only one downstream - Andrew's mm tree and he bases on a
particular day's linux-next tree each time he rebuilds mm. Testers just
need to take the complete tree (which isn't too bad if you are using git
since all the linux-next trees share a lot of objects).

Does that answer your question?

But yes, it does, thanks.

Rene