Re: [patch 2/4] PNP: replace pnp_resource_table with dynamicallyallocated resources

From: Rene Herman
Date: Thu May 22 2008 - 17:16:44 EST

On 20-05-08 01:41, Bjorn Helgaas wrote:

On Monday 19 May 2008 05:14:07 pm Rene Herman wrote:

static void pnp_clean_resource_table(struct pnp_dev *dev)

[ ... ]

Do correct me if I'm wrong but I don't believe this will do. The index for the resources is preserved simply due to the list position after the DISABLED thing but here the list is reshuffled.

So say I have an ISAPnP device with 2 port resources the second of which I force to manual setting through sysfs (ie, AUTO is cleared). This API would then delete the first port resource after which the second port resource is the first entry in the list which would make for example isapnp_set_resource() program it into hardware index 1, no?

My reasoning was that all AUTO entries should be at the end of the
list, so deleting them should not change the order of other entries.

Yes, so it seems. You even said that in the changelog. Missed it, sorry.

Acked-by: Rene Herman <rene.herman@xxxxxxxxx>

I have had your v2 series running on two machines (using PnPBIOS and ISAPnP) for a few days now and I haven't seen anything wrong. Looking good therefore. Good stuff!

Rene.