Re: Wired behaviour with IPv6 over PPP

From: James Chapman
Date: Fri May 23 2008 - 06:46:59 EST

Matthias Cramer wrote:
James Chapman wrote:
Did this work with previous kernel versions?

No, in my opinion it never worked. But I thought that pppd does it wrong
because id never got an IPv6 address. But I had always forwarding
enabled. Now in this case i started pppd without forwarding enabled and
got an address.

Does pppd log any errors?

No, no errors

Could you post a pppd debug log showing the ppp protocol exchange with the peer in the failing case? It might give some clues.

--
James Chapman
Katalix Systems Ltd