RE: [Ksummit-2008-discuss] Fixing the Kernel Janitors project

From: Luck, Tony
Date: Wed May 28 2008 - 19:24:57 EST

> My raw numbers show that the number of individual kernel contributors
> continues to increase with every release, so this might not be as much
> of a problem as it's made out to be.

That depends on whether we are gradually adding to the pool
of developers, or seeing an increasing stream of newcomers
who supply a patch or two before disappearing again.

If you look at the list of contributors some old release for
which we have good data (say 2.6.16). How many of those people
contributed to each of the following releases? Does the
decay curve look steeper or more gentle if you start from
a more recent release?

-Tony