Re: [Ksummit-2008-discuss] Fixing the Kernel Janitors project

From: David Miller
Date: Thu May 29 2008 - 01:58:49 EST

From: James Bottomley <James.Bottomley@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 28 May 2008 12:20:12 -0500

> In the spirit of having a more process than technical based kernel
> summit, I'd like to put the topic of the kernel Janitors project up for
> discussion.

Not to distract from your points, but I think it's been a huge
mistake to not allow folks to work hard on technical issues
during the summit.

I feel like I'm at the edge of my seat dieing to talk about
some tech topics, but it's all of this process stuff, it makes
me want to disappear into the local cafe during the main
summit with some folks and talk tech.

I think it would even fix the attitude and process issues,
to be able to talk face-to-face about technical issues instead
of always hashing stuff out in email which is the source of
all of the bad behavior.