Re: Performance Characteristics of All Linux RAIDs(mdadm/bonnie++)

From: Justin Piszcz
Date: Thu May 29 2008 - 08:06:41 EST

On Thu, 29 May 2008, Holger Kiehl wrote:

On Wed, 28 May 2008, Justin Piszcz wrote:

Hardware:

Results:

http://home.comcast.net/~jpiszcz/raid/20080528/raid-levels.html
http://home.comcast.net/~jpiszcz/raid/20080528/raid-levels.txt

Why is the Sequential Output (Block) for raid6 165719 and for raid5 only
86797? I would have thought that raid6 was always a bit slower in writting
due to having to write double amount of parity data.

Holger

I will re-run the RAID5 test and also run the test on a single disk and update the results later.

Justin.