Re: Top kernel oopses/warnings for the week of May 30th 2008

From: Arjan van de Ven
Date: Fri May 30 2008 - 18:17:35 EST

Arjan van de Ven wrote:
Linus Torvalds wrote:

On Fri, 30 May 2008, Hugh Dickins wrote:
On Fri, 30 May 2008, Arjan van de Ven wrote:
Rank 7: set_page_address (oops)
Reported 53 times (65 total reports)
crash coming from flush_all_zero_pkmaps; was this fixed by Hugh the
other day?
No, not at all. But I'll have a little ponder over it.

It's a BUG_ON(), but sadly the oops gatherer doesn't seem to gather that part. You can see it from the code portion: the "<0f> 0b" gives it away (that's the ud2 opcode).

I've seen it a few more times the last few weeks, I'll dig into how that is happening.
Maybe we changed the bug_on text to miss my regexps ;(

ok it was a bug I already fixed a few days ago; any reports from the last 2 or 3 days shouldn't have this.