Re: 2.6.25.x: Wrong CPU frequency (cpufreq table) with p4-clockmod

From: Guntsche Michael
Date: Sun Jun 01 2008 - 17:57:42 EST

On May 30, 2008, at 16:07, Guntsche Michael wrote:

I am most interested in keeping the temperature of my CPU down, which means slower fans, which means less noise.
The main "problem" I have is that I do not know if this is a simple display issue or if I am having a more fundamental problem here.

Just FYI I found out the cause of my problem.

Reverting http://git.kernel.org/?p=linux/kernel/git/torvalds/linux-2.6.git;a=commit;h=ed9cbcd40004904dbe61ccc16d6106a7de38c998 this patch resultsin the correct numbers for me.

<cpuinfo snip>
processor : 0
vendor_id : GenuineIntel
cpu family : 15
model : 1
model name : Intel(R) Pentium(R) 4 CPU 1.70GHz
stepping : 2
cpu MHz : 637.500
<snip>

This patch was reverted because other people seem to have problems with it, reverting the revert does not look like a good idea either.
But since I know now, that this is just a "display" problem and everything is working otherwise, I'll just patch this locally for my machine here.

Kind regards,
Michael