Re: [patch 01/15] security: pass path to inode_create

From: Miklos Szeredi
Date: Mon Jun 02 2008 - 05:33:22 EST

> > So again, can you offer an alternative?
>
> Just give up on this dumb idea completely.

You mean apparmor? I've already told you, that's not the answer. Go
up 4 mails and read again.

You act like a happy prince of VFS, but let me tell you one thing,
there's only one king in this kingdom of Linux, and that's Linus
Torvalds I. And our wise king already said that apparmor can come, so
the question is not "if" but "how".

If you don't want to help, that's a pity, but of course I don't want
to (and can't) force you. I can understand if personally you don't
think this is a good idea, and don't want to have anything to do with
it. In that case I can leave you off the CC's for the parts which are
not just generic VFS cleanups but explicitly towards apparmor
integration. Would that suit you?

Thanks,
Miklos