Re: 2.6.25.3: su gets stuck for root

From: Vegard Nossum
Date: Mon Jun 02 2008 - 06:57:19 EST

On Mon, Jun 2, 2008 at 12:52 PM, Alan Cox <alan@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On Mon, Jun 02, 2008 at 12:39:29PM +0200, Vegard Nossum wrote:
>> Shouldn't it be EINTR to allow the signal to be processed and let the
>> process decide whether to retry the tcsetattr()?
>
> The signal is processed, and then application retries the tcsetattr and
> gets another one. The default TTOU behaviour is to block and then fg
> continues the call so RESTARTSYS is both correct and has been used for
> years

Hm, yes, that seems correct. I'm sorry for the wrong suggestions.

I guess this still doesn't explain why TTOU doesn't block (IOW, stop
the process, right?) in this case, because my test program does not
touch it.

Vegard

--
"The animistic metaphor of the bug that maliciously sneaked in while
the programmer was not looking is intellectually dishonest as it