Re: 53052feb6 (PNP: remove pnp_mem_flags() as an lvalue) breaks myALSA intel8x0 sound card regression

From: Andrew Morton
Date: Mon Jun 02 2008 - 20:03:45 EST

On Tue, 03 Jun 2008 01:58:42 +0200
Rene Herman <rene.herman@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> On 03-06-08 01:49, Andrew Morton wrote:
>
> > This broke
> > pnp-replace-pnp_resource_table-with-dynamically-allocated-resources.patch:
>
> I expect the patch was meant solely for 2.6.26...

Sure. When this patch
(pnp-mark-resources-that-conflict-with-pci-devices-disabled.patch) is
applied to 2.6.26, the for-2.6.27
pnp-replace-pnp_resource_table-with-dynamically-allocated-resources.patch
broke, as I described here.

> Bjorn, before you repost the option series due to this, wait a minute.
> Am now looking at/testing 14/15 and see some stuff that needs changing
> as well.

"the option series" == "PNP: convert resource options to unified
dynamic list, v1".

I haven't got onto that yet. Strategic lagginess is working out
nicely.