Re: [RFC] expand link_power_management_policy definition

From: Jeff Garzik
Date: Tue Jun 03 2008 - 20:53:05 EST

Kristen Carlson Accardi wrote:
I think I mentioned on the list a couple weeks ago that I favor just expanding the definition of link power management to include
the notion of simply powering the entire port off rather
than adding new knobs to sysfs. I wrote this completely untested and
very incomplete patch to give you a better idea of what I am proposing.
This patch adds a new valid value of "power_off" for the existing
link_power_management_policy sysfs entry:

Looks fine to me... that would work nicely.

I think your patch is missing code to handle the transition from power_off to <something else>, though, right?

I'm quite happy with this approach.

Jeff