Re: linux-next: Tree for June 5

From: Andrew Morton
Date: Fri Jun 06 2008 - 04:02:58 EST

On Fri, 6 Jun 2008 17:53:58 +1000 Stephen Rothwell <sfr@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> On Fri, 6 Jun 2008 00:47:43 -0700 Andrew Morton <akpm@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> >
> > My third bisect iteration has hit this:
> >
> > arch/x86/mm/kmmio.c: In function 'get_kmmio_probe':
> > arch/x86/mm/kmmio.c:85: error: implicit declaration of function 'list_for_each_entry_rcu'
>
> You need the following patch from linux-next. Which should be the commit
> immediately after the merge of the ftrace tree.

Well yes - I just bodged it by hand then unbodged it later. But we
have a bisection break there. Admittedly a minor one, unless the bug
you're bisecting for requires that kprobes be configured. But it would
be nice to squish it.

I hope Ingo isn't following this
once-you've-checked-it-in-you-can't-fix-it stupidity :(