Re: linux-next: Tree for June 5

From: Stephen Rothwell
Date: Fri Jun 06 2008 - 04:22:28 EST

Hi Andrew,

On Fri, 6 Jun 2008 01:01:49 -0700 Andrew Morton <akpm@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Well yes - I just bodged it by hand then unbodged it later. But we
> have a bisection break there. Admittedly a minor one, unless the bug
> you're bisecting for requires that kprobes be configured. But it would
> be nice to squish it.
>
> I hope Ingo isn't following this
> once-you've-checked-it-in-you-can't-fix-it stupidity :(

Its a break caused by the merge of the ftrace tree into the linux-next
tree (because at the point I merge the ftrace tree, linux-next contains
the rcu tree which has moves stuff into rculist.h), so logically that
patch should become part of the merge commit. If it was part of the
merge, you could never bisect to a point where you got this build
breakage.

Each tree is fine on its own if you go one step back from the merge.

--
Cheers,
Stephen Rothwell sfr@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx