Re: ACPI: EC: GPE storm detected, disabling EC GPE

From: Alexey Starikovskiy
Date: Sat Jun 07 2008 - 17:27:38 EST

Justin Mattock wrote:
Interesting, over here I'm using a Macbook Pro ATI chipset. I'm not
experiencing things like missing keys or anything of that nature.
but am concerned with what might happen to the hardware in the long
run. As for the patches I did apply those,
and it did give me a better idea of what is happening., but just to
get a right info, when ACPI: EC: gpe storm detected message appears
does it disable interrupt mode for that moment and then go back to it
original state, or is it once the gpe storm is triggered the interupt
mode is disabled until a reboot is performed. from looking at the data
from the patches that I used from here it looks like something in the
system triggers that message, but then after a few seconds goes back
to its original state, until another storm is detected.
I don't have a problem with this message if it's triggering and then
returning to it's original state until another storm triggers this
message again, but I am concerned with the message being triggered,
and then the system is stuck in that mode until a reboot.(but if this
is O.K. for the system then that's cool too).
If interrupt storm from EC is detected EC interrupt will be disabled permanently.
EC driver then starts to poll hardware for events in half-second interval, so it is
still fully functional, but may be there is going to be impact on power consumption, etc.

Regards,
Alex.