Re: 2,6.26-rc4-git2 - long pause during boot

From: Grant Grundler
Date: Mon Jun 09 2008 - 00:51:27 EST

On Fri, Jun 6, 2008 at 10:35 AM, Chris Clayton <chris2553@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Yes, I still get the boot pause and the delay in desktop icons appearing when a
> usb-storage device is plugged in with -rc5. A boot log is attached. Is there
> some sort of verbose scsi boot messaging that I can switch on? I've looked but
> I'm damned if I can find anything in 'make menuconfig'.

SCSI_CONSTANTS and SCSI_LOGGING might help.
Both live in the SCSI options menu. Read the Kconfig help on how
to use SCSI_LOGGING.

Can you please also enable CONFIG_PRINTK_TIME ?

Using the timestamps in /var/log/messages is ok but not the most
reliable place to get somewhat accurate time stamps of events.

hth,
grant