Re: 2.6.25.4-rt6

From: Tarkan Erimer
Date: Mon Jun 09 2008 - 03:39:13 EST

I got this error message at compile stage. Also it is the same error that was on -rt4. -rt3 compiles and runs fine.

VDSOSYM arch/x86/vdso/vdso32-syms.lds
LD arch/x86/vdso/built-in.o
CC kernel/sched.o
kernel/sched.c: In function 'sched_init':
kernel/sched.c:7702: error: implicit declaration of function 'global_rt_runtime'
make[2]: *** [kernel/sched.o] Error 1
make[1]: *** [kernel] Error 2
make[1]: Leaving directory `/usr/src/linux-2.6.25.4'
make: *** [debian/stamp-build-kernel] Error 2
root@tarkane:/usr/src/linux-2.6.25.4#

Steven Rostedt wrote:
We are pleased to announce the 2.6.25.4-rt6 tree, which can be
downloaded from the location:

http://rt.et.redhat.com/download/

Information on the RT patch can be found at:

http://rt.wiki.kernel.org/index.php/Main_Page

Changes since 2.6.25.4-rt5

- sched_cpupri hotplug support (Gregory Haskins)

- sched_cpupri prio count (Gregory Haskins)

- ftrace hotplug fix (Steven Rostedt)

to build a 2.6.25.4-rt6 tree, the following patches should be applied:

http://www.kernel.org/pub/linux/kernel/v2.6/linux-2.6.25.tar.bz2
http://kernel.org/pub/linux/kernel/v2.6/patch-2.6.25.4.bz2
http://rt.et.redhat.com/download/patch-2.6.25.4-rt6.bz2

And like always, my RT version of Matt Mackall's ketchup will get this
for you nicely:

http://people.redhat.com/srostedt/rt/tools/ketchup-0.9.8-rt3

The broken out patches are also available.

-- Steve