Re: 2.6.26-rc5-git2: snd-emu10k1 does not work

From: Takashi Iwai
Date: Mon Jun 09 2008 - 05:19:18 EST

At Sun, 8 Jun 2008 23:03:58 +0200,
Rafael J. Wysocki wrote:

> Hi,
>
> snd-emu10k1 doesn't work on one of my test boxes. The driver apparently loads,
> but the card is not visible, for example, to any mixer apps (including the ALSA
> mixer). However, YaST correctly detects and reports the card (the system is
> openSUSE 10.3, x86-64). The openSUSE-made kernel (2.6.22-something) does
> correctly work on the same hardware.
>
> Is there anything I should pay attention to, like any options related to /proc
> or sysfs that could have an effect on the audio adapter?

First off, check /proc/asound/cards whether snd-emu10k1 driver is
really loaded on the first slot. I guess something else occupies the
position. If yes, a simple solution is to add the following option
for snd module:

options snd slots=snd-emu10k1

then the first slot is reserved for emu10k1. Note that this option is
available for 2.6.25 or later kernel.

Takashi