Re: [stable] [patch 21/50] brd: dont show ramdisks in/proc/partitions

From: Chris Wright
Date: Mon Jun 09 2008 - 13:17:51 EST

* H. Peter Anvin (hpa@xxxxxxxxxx) wrote:
> This seems a bit like cargo cult programming to me. If there isn't a
> known, good, reason to revert this behaviour change, I would consider it
> a bugfix, not a regression.

We have one /proc/partitions parser that got broken (never saw details
on how). I don't care for this change either (esp. since nbd is still
left out...it's inconsistent).

This is now the upstream behaviour (obvious since it's a -stable
candidate), and the change was introduced in 2.6.25...I'd actually prefer
to drop this patch, but there's no good reason to deviate if upstream
keeps this one. I can defer while upstream gets revisited, can you
revisit this upstream?

thanks,
-chris