Re: [patch 00/18] PNP: convert resource options to unified dynamiclist, v2

From: Rene Herman
Date: Mon Jun 09 2008 - 23:00:32 EST

On 05-06-08 00:09, Bjorn Helgaas wrote:

This patch series converts the PNP resource option structures
to a unified linked list. This preserves resource order, which
is important for some devices. The bulk of the series is in
the last patch, and it has more a more detailed changelog.

Rene Herman did some testing of ISA devices and reviewed
v1 of this series. I think I addressed all his comments.
Any comments would be welcome.

This depends on some patches that are in -mm, but not yet
upstream. In mmotm, these would probably go after
pnp-dont-sort-by-type-in-sys-resources.patch

Perhaps it would've been different if I'd been a full-blown git wizzard but this is getting rather painful to test against mainline. Would it be possible for you to repost (privately or publicly) that which this depends on against current mainline?

I had to blow away my local trees here and while rebuilding the needed manual adjustments were just just enough to make me worry that I'd end up with something not entirely correct.

Rene.