Setting system clock... (FREEZE) (2.6.25.5)

From: Justin Piszcz
Date: Tue Jun 10 2008 - 04:27:27 EST

http://www.linuxquestions.org/questions/linux-general-1/hard-freeze-on-boot-between-setting-clock-and-host-name-625494/

Setting system clock... (FREEZE)

Then, I power cycle the host and it comes up OK, per the above will disable network console support and stop using it, hopefully this solves the problem.

I am not using it elsewhere and have not seen this issue.

At the moment, using: 2.6.25.5 (Debian Testing)

Going to 2.6.25.6 w/network logging disabled.

Was curious though if anyone on the list has seen something similar to this and can confirm if it is indeed the network console logging?

Thanks,

Justin.