Re: 2,6.26-rc4-git2 - long pause during boot

From: Stefan Richter
Date: Tue Jun 10 2008 - 15:39:21 EST

Chris Clayton wrote:
I only use firewire on the rare occasion that I want to grab some video from my camera and I use the parallel port even less frequently. So one of the last things that happens in my rc.local init script is that I unload the related drivers.

On an unrelated note: If the driver was automatically loaded in a hotplug-like fashion (based on PCI IDs and module aliases), you could prevent it with "blacklist ohci1394" in one of the modprobe configuration files.
--
Stefan Richter