Re: Performance of ext4

From: Holger Kiehl
Date: Thu Jun 12 2008 - 05:02:50 EST

On Wed, 11 Jun 2008, Nick Dokos wrote:

Holger Kiehl <Holger.Kiehl@xxxxxx> wrote:

Against a clean 2.6.26-rc5 the patchqueue does not apply. Lots of rejects.
The patchqueue also contains changes for defrag that are not in 2.6.26-rc5.
Or did you mean to apply those against the mm tree?

Just an FYI and a data point: I was able to apply the patch queue
against 2.6.26-rc5 (after I set up quilt correctly) without any
problems.

I have never used quilt, so how do I set it up correctly? I am using
Fedora 9 and have copied all patches from ext4-patch-queue into
2.6.26-rc5/patches. Then I always issue the following command in
2.6.26-rc5 directory:

quilt push

That works until it comes to patch patches/ext4_ialloc-flexbg.patch when
it gets lots of rejects. So how do I set this up correctly?

Thanks,
Holger