Re: [patch 12/21] perfmon2 minimal: sysfs interface

From: stephane eranian
Date: Thu Jun 12 2008 - 08:54:39 EST

Greg,

I looked at the documentation and the examples.

Find attached an updated version of the perfmon-sysfs.diff patch.

I have grouped attribute functions into common show/store functions
with a strcmp on
the attribute name. I have also used the kobject_init_and_add() function.

Once thing still confusing to me is the business with kobject_put()
after a kobject_init_and_add().
Is that necessary to drop the ref count to zero?

Also when you link to a parent, like this:
pfm_kernel_kobj = kobject_create_and_add("perfmon", kernel_kobj);

Does this increment the ref count on the parent?

In any case, let me know if there are still things that must be
changed/simplified in my file.

Thanks.