Re: [patch 0/6] AMD C1E aware idle support

From: Andreas Herrmann
Date: Thu Jun 12 2008 - 10:26:11 EST

On Thu, Jun 12, 2008 at 10:28:32AM -0000, Thomas Gleixner wrote:
> The following patch series implements a C1E aware idle function which
> also covers the late C1E enablement (case #3):

Great work!
>From a first glance and test it looks really good.
Just about 10 wakeups from idle on a C1E enabled box here.

Will do some deeper review and more tests later.

> The patches work fine on systems which are not affected by the dreaded
> ATI chipset timer wreckage. On those which have the problem, the box
> needs help from the keyboard to continue working.

I am currently not aware of that timer wreckage problem.
Are you referring to one of the HPET related bugzillas at Kernel Bug
Tracker?
If not, do you have a pointer to more information regarding this?
(Say, problem description and lspci -vxxx output for such a system.)

Thanks,

Andreas