Re: kbuild breaks um - fails to find util when linking

From: Jeff Dike
Date: Thu Jun 12 2008 - 16:13:40 EST

On Thu, Jun 12, 2008 at 08:08:59PM +0200, Sam Ravnborg wrote:
> Following patch will result in a building ARCH=um kernel.
> If it works I dunno.

You can just try running it. Given its behavior with this patch so
far, it would be an excellent sign for it to figure out that it has no
root filesystem and panic.

Anyway, I can't get it to give me a UML binary. I see this in the
build output (and V=3 doesn't make it any more verbose):

CHK include/linux/compile.h
LINK linux

Compilation finished at Thu Jun 12 16:11:15

but no linux or vmlinux in my output directory.

Jeff

--
Work email - jdike at linux dot intel dot com