Re: 2.6.26-rc5: SLUB debug, lockdep warning...

From: Vegard Nossum
Date: Sat Jun 14 2008 - 17:32:48 EST

On Sat, Jun 14, 2008 at 12:54 PM, Daniel J Blueman
<daniel.blueman@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> When enabling lockdep + SLUB debugging, I spotted this recursive
> lock-acquisition warning [1] when booting, however it doesn't always
> pop out.

This seems to be the work of

commit 3ac7fe5a4aab409bd5674d0b070bce97f9d20872
Author: Thomas Gleixner <tglx@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed Apr 30 00:55:01 2008 -0700

infrastructure to debug (dynamic) objects

...which by the way changed SLUB without any SOBs from any of the SLUB
maintainers?

Anyway, adding some Ccs.

> Let me know if you need further information etc.

Exact kernel version and your config file would be useful (please post
it online somewhere if possible). Thanks!

Vegard

--
"The animistic metaphor of the bug that maliciously sneaked in while
the programmer was not looking is intellectually dishonest as it