Re: 2.6.26-rc6-git2: Reported regressions from 2.6.25

From: Vegard Nossum
Date: Sat Jun 14 2008 - 18:09:48 EST

On Sat, Jun 14, 2008 at 10:04 PM, Rafael J. Wysocki <rjw@xxxxxxx> wrote:
> If you know of any other unresolved regressions from 2.6.25, please let me know
> either and I'll add them to the list. Also, please let me know if any of the
> entries below are invalid.

http://lkml.org/lkml/2008/6/14/62

was just reported today. Seems to have been caused by

commit 3ac7fe5a4aab409bd5674d0b070bce97f9d20872
Author: Thomas Gleixner <tglx@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed Apr 30 00:55:01 2008 -0700

infrastructure to debug (dynamic) objects

which was introduced just after v2.6.25, but not discovered until now,
probably because it requires the (admittedly obscure) combination of
lockdep and slub/object debugging.

Vegard

--
"The animistic metaphor of the bug that maliciously sneaked in while
the programmer was not looking is intellectually dishonest as it