RE: [Patch v2] Implement thermal limiting in the generic thermal class

From: Zhang, Rui
Date: Wed Jun 18 2008 - 05:28:55 EST

One thing I'm concerning is that if we could enable polling in Linux.
Bug #8842 shows that polling may break some laptops.
And we have known that windows never enable polling.
Although this patch will not break the laptop in #8842, it still may
bring some potential risks if we enable polling in Linux.
IMO, a dmi entry would be much more acceptable...

Thanks,
rui

linux-kernel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx