Re: Bisecting tip/auto-x86-next?

From: Ingo Molnar
Date: Fri Jun 20 2008 - 11:37:08 EST

* Kevin Winchester <kjwinchester@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> > hm, could you send me the config that triggered this?
>
> I will do so tonight when I am home again. It is a UP AMD64 box with
> a VIA chipset, if that helps.
>
> > btw., you can probably ignore this one safely. Also please tell me
> > at which commit ID you were at when you triggered this warning.
>
> Good to know - I will get the commit ID tonight as well, although
> wouldn't following the same bisection sequence that I did give you the
> same bisection point? I guess that would assume that linus/master and
> auto-x86-next haven't changed much since last night, which might not
> be correct.

yeah, you'd probably not hit that warning with the x86/gart bisection
sequence. (Assuming the bug is introduced in that branch - so you should
first check whether pure x86/gart kernel triggers the problem too.)

If you still have the commit ID around then please send it - if you
dont, no problem, it's no big issue. I wanted to check how wide the
bisection window is where the warning triggers.

Ingo