Re: 2.6.26-rc1 regression since 2.6.25 - problem in 2.6.26-rc8 again

From: Alan Stern
Date: Thu Jun 26 2008 - 11:52:41 EST

On Thu, 26 Jun 2008, Lukas Hejtmanek wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I have another USB problem with Lenovo T61 Thinkpad.
>
> I'm using kernel 2.6.26-rc8. I do use CONFIG_USB_SUSPEND.
>
> If I attach USB disk (using EHCI driver), the disk is found and it is working.
> If I remove the disk, undock the laptop, dock the laptop again and plug the
> disk, the disk is not found at all until I remove and reinsert the EHCI
> driver.
>
> I noticed that if I do not unplug the disk berofe undocking, it works after
> docking back.

What happens if instead of reloading ehci-hcd, you unplug and replug
the disk?

What happens if you undock with the disk plugged in, then unplug the
disk, then dock the laptop, and then plug in the disk?

> any ideas?

What does usbmon reveal when you dock the laptop again and then plug in
the disk (see Documentation/usb/usbmon.txt)?

Can you provide a comparable usbmon log for 2.6.25?

Did the problem go away at any time between 2.6.26-rc1 and -rc8?

Alan Stern