Re: [BUG] While changing the cpufreq governor, kernel hits a bugin workqueue.c

From: Nageswara R Sastry
Date: Fri Jun 27 2008 - 00:13:06 EST

Nageswara R Sastry wrote:
Hi,
[ INFO: possible circular locking dependency detected ]
2.6.25.7.cpufreq_patch #2
[...]

While running the script I observed no stack trace but sysfs hang for a particular file like scaling_governor under cpufreq for a particular cpu (this cpu is varying). In the following run I experienced with cpu4.

cat /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu4/cpufreq/scaling_governor

The above command is not giving any result and it won't be coming out after pressing ctrl+c or ctrl+z

Applied both the patches and it seems working fine - no stack trace, but the above "mentioned circular locking dependency and sysfs file hang" are existing.

Thanks
Regards
R.Nageswara Sastry