Re: How can I migrate a currently running task?

From: xialiang
Date: Fri Jun 27 2008 - 09:38:22 EST

Quoting Bart Van Assche <bart.vanassche@xxxxxxxxx>:

On Fri, Jun 27, 2008 at 3:17 PM, 夏亮 <xiaiaxaxi@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
I am working on Intel Duo Core with Linux OS 2.6.21, and I'd like to
migrate task from one cpu to another cpu.
In SMP systems, load_balance() function uses move_tasks() to move processes
from source runqueue to local runqueue, but it does not move a currently
running task. If I want to migrate a currently running task from source
runqueue to local runqueue, how can I do? Any suggestion is preferred.

Are you familiar with the glibc pthread_setaffinity_np() function
and/or the sched_setaffinity() system call ?

Bart.

Yes. I know sched_setaffinity(), it sets cpu_mask of a task. I want to use it in a timer interrupt( scheduler_tick() ), can I?

I use sched_getaffinity() in a timer interrupt, but it doesn't work.As following,

scheduler_tick()
{
every 100ms, balance();
}

static int balance(void)
{
Get temperature of two cpus.
int ret;
cpumask_t mask;

If(one cpu is much hotter than another one){
ret = sched_getaffinity(rq->curr->pid, &mask);
}
}

If I comment sched_getaffinity, it works well.